In this tutorial, you will learn How to Restore (or Deploy) a WordPress Website using WP Twin. It is a robust PHP script that I personally use among the best WordPress backup systems I’ve used so far. With WP Twin you can backup pretty much all of your WordPress website content like pages and posts, themes and plugins, scripts and users, as well as settings like permalinks and security.
I’ve used several different backup systems and plugins, however when restoring the backup things can be very challenging or complicated. With WP Twin, I was able to restore a WordPress website in less than 20 minutes. In this tutorial, I walk you through the process step-by-step.
To use WP Twin, you are going to need access to your WordPress website via an FTP client. I use FileZilla which is a free FTP client and I’ve created a couple of tutorials on how to download, install and use FileZilla. Once you have access to your WordPress website via FileZilla, these are the steps to restore (or deploy) your WordPress website:
(1) copy the wptwindeploy.php script file from your computer to the public_html folder of your website;
(2) next, add “/wptwindeploy.php” at the end of your domain and open it in a browser (I would recommend Google Chrome);
(3) make sure you’re logged into your WordPress account and WP Twin account;
(4) you will be redirected to the WP Twin page, and may be prompted to confirm your registration;
(5) you will then be redirected to a WP Twin page where you check the 2 boxes (in Step 1) in order to delete the two files (for security reasons);
(6) next, choose the backup file;
(7) and finally in step 3, click the Deploy Clone button.
You will then be redirected to a WP Twin page with a link to access your restored website. The WP Twin backup restores pretty much everything, except you may have to change the title and tag line of your website in WordPress (under Settings). Also bear in mind that the login credential of your WordPress website will be the same as the one of the backup. So you may need to change this and set up a new Admin account and users. Based on my own experience using WP Twin, I would highly recommend it. Check the link below to buy WP Twin.
– My Website:
– Client Website:
– WordPress Tutorials Playlist:
– Bluehost & FileZilla Tutorials Playlist:
– Buy WP Twin Backup & Restore:
CREDITS: WP Twin logo and screenshots are copyright protected, used with permission | WordPress logo and screenshots are copyright protected used under Creative Commons CC BY-SA 4.0 | Commercial rights to use videos, images, graphics and animations unless otherwise mentioned | Microsoft, Windows, and the Windows logo are trademarks, or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries | Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
MUSIC: Up Above by Letter Box
Source: YouTube Audio Library (for use on monetized videos)
AFFILIATE DISCLAIMER: If you use the link above to purchase WP Twin, I may earn a commission as an affiliate. This recommendation and review is based on my firsthand experience using this product myself.